UK Student Visa (Tier 4) Requirements

If you are an international students coming from outside of the UK or EU countries, you must apply for the UK entry clearance called a Tier 4 Student Visa. Your eligibility is calculated using a point based rules system.

You need 40 points to apply for a student visa. This is achieved by:

Course Confirmation: You must receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Higher Educational Institute approved by the UK Border Agency (UKBA). The Institute must have the "Highly Trusted Status (HTS)" or "A" on the UKBA/UK Home Office Tire 4 Sponsor list (30 Points). If the is institute is an "A" listed institute, they are in a transitional rating and have to apply for HTS within 12 month transition period.

Funding: You have to provide supporting evidence of available funding to meet the requirement of both course tuition fees and monthly living expense (10 points).

Depending on the Higher Educational (HE) Institution the yearly tuition fee may vary from GBP 3,500 to GBP 22,000. You will also need at least £1,000 for each month of your studies to pay for living costs if you live in inner London. If you live in outer London you will need £800 a month.

You can only apply for a visa once you have been given a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). Check if you are eligible for a UK Student Visa but do not apply until after you have been accepted onto a course. Your chosen Higher Education (HE) Institute can guide you through the visa process once you have been accepted onto a course.

Visit the UK Border Agency website to check the full eligibility criteria for a UK study visa. You can also read further guidance on the UKCISA website.

Latest News

Sanjari International College sucessfully completed its QAA Review and is awating publication.

Christmas Party has been organised for the students and staff on 11th December 2013 to be...View Details

Notice Board

QAA Review Visit on 26-27 November 2013... Details